1. To get the eggshell out of a bowl, wet your finger and place it next to the shell.
The broken shell will gravitate right to your finger.
2. Take your boxed cake to the next level by using butter instead of vegetable oil.
You can also replace the water with something better — coconut milk, juice, buttermilk or regular milk. Decide which flavor based by the cake you’re making.
3. Use a syringe filled with frosting to expertly decorate cookies and cakes.
4. To keep cookies moist, store them with an apple wedge.
The cookies will absorb some of the apple’s moisture, keeping them soft and ready-to-eat for much longer.
5. Make this DIY cake-release mix and your cakes will never stick to the pan again.
All you need is shortening, oil, and flour. And it’s vegan! See the full recipe here.
6. Don’t have any frosting? Just sprinkle some powdered sugar through lace for this amazing design.
Get the full directions here.
7. Make your cupcake frosting SWIRL by using two bags in one tip.
See how they did it here.
8. Follow this chart to make literally any color of frosting.
From the geniuses at the Food Network Magazine.
9. If you don’t have food coloring, you can use Jell-O to color frosting.
See the recipe here.
10. If your brown sugar is brick hard, microwave it in a baking dish covered with a wet paper towel for 20 seconds.
Or, put it in a 300ºF degree oven for 5 minutes.
11. Keep your brown sugar soft from now on by storing it with a slice of bread.
You can also use a large marshmallow. See more here.
12. Don’t have brown sugar? You can make your own with white sugar and molasses!
Get the directions here.
13. Make your own gluten-free flour with oats.
Easy, healthy, and delicious in every way. See how to do it here.
14. You can swap avocado for butter in cakes to make them (a little) healthier.
See more healthy substitution ideas here.
15. Use a box grater to save your burnt cookies or muffins.
Just lightly grate the charred bottoms off of them and they’re basically perfect. You can also use a box grater to grate frozen butter for delicious pie crusts and pastries.
17. Make DIY sprinkles with just a few ingredients.
It’s definitely not as easy as buying them, but they taste a lot less like wax. And you can even flavor them! See how here.
18. Out of a crucial ingredient? Follow this chart for substitutions.
19. Make a tart without a tart pan by using aluminum foil.
You can make any pan or baking dish smaller with this foil trick. See the full directions here.
20. Ripen your bananas quickly by putting them in the oven for 40 minutes at 300ºF.
See how here.
21. Make amazing frosting by just putting a large marshmallow on your cupcakes for the last five minutes of baking.
See how here.
22. Learn 20 ways to make Martha-worthy pie crusts with this cool video.
23. Easily make whipped cream without a stand mixer by shaking it in a Mason jar.
Mason Jars: Blowing Pinterest’s Mind Since Forever. See how here.
24. Keep your cake super moist by placing a slice of bread on top until you’re ready to frost it.
25. To get the perfect texture for cakes and cookies, drop it like it’s hot.
26. Learn from your cake mistakes with this handy chart.
27. Bake cupcakes without a muffin tin by using aluminum liners or placing the cupcakes in Mason jar lids.
28. You can also make your own cupcake liners using parchment paper.
Shape the paper using a pint glass and a measuring cup. See how here.
29. Use a toothpick and small dots to *flawlessly* write on cakes.
See the directions here.
30. Never splatter your cake batter again with this paper plate hack.
It also works for stand mixers.
32. Get perfectly even cupcakes every time by using an ice cream scoop sprayed with cooking spray.
See how here.
33. Use this chart to see exactly how much cake you need for a party.
See more tips here.
34. Make your own sanding sugar sprinkles with just food coloring, regular sugar, and a rolling pin.
See how here.
35. This Ultimate Cookie Guide shows you how to get your favorite kind of cookie.
Crunchy, gooey, pillowy, crispy and everywhere in between. See the guide here.
36. Get perfectly even cake layers every time by tying wet fabric strips around the outside of the pan.
It cools the outside of the pan allowing the whole thing to cook evenly. See how here.
37. You can make an icing bag with a Ziploc bag or even plastic wrap.
You just have to cut a small hole in a corner. See how here.
38. Get softened butter in seconds without melting it by putting it under a warm glass.
You can also use a rolling pin.
39. Spray your nonstick cooking spray over your open dishwasher to avoid getting it all over the counter.
(If you have one.) More tips here.
40. Put coarse sea salt on top of your chocolate chip cookies to take them to the next-level.
The salt will make the chocolate and the butter taste even richer.
42. You can make a delicious fudgy cake with just chocolate cake mix and a can of Coke!
Get the recipe here.
43. You can also make bread with melted ice cream and flour.
It’s that easy. Your favorite ice cream as bread. See how they made this birthday cake version here.
44. Freeze cookie dough in ice cube trays for perfectly portioned ready-to-bake snacks.